Water Tank leaking in 1988 Westy

Logan711

I am a new Westy owner and I have a leak 2 thirds up the tank I would like know how to get the tank out and where can I find a new tank I will be thankfull any help.

ger

Instructions on removing tank from 1987

I am a new Westy owner and I have a leak 2 thirds up the tank I would like know how to get the tank out and where can I find a new tank I will be thankfull any help.

I have that same problem. I hope we get an answer.

James Conlin

I do not have an answer for you but in my 87 I have always filled the tank from inside the van[ through the top loading cabinet] I never trusted the outside hookup as I have seen too much side rot from leaky tank hoses on other vans. The 2 thirds factor may[ long shot] be where pressure is enough to put strain on bad hose. Fill it up, if it leaks ,quickly unscrew cap under vehicle and curse me. If it stays, continue to fill from the inside. I aint no mechanic but I have a crazy relation with these things.

James Conlin

One more thought, the tank seems so heavy duty, I can only imagine it's integrity compromised by a PO leaving it filled in a frozen climate and busted from the pressure. Great luck!.