Washington camp destinations

matthos

Hello,

I just purchased an '86 Weekender and am looking for some good camp destinations relatviely close to Seattle. It would be great to be able to park in more secluded areas rather than the large, car camping situations. Any recommendations?

Cheers,

Matt

Jason Rolfe

I like to find forest service roads and just drive out on those, find a place to pull off and camp. You can find them along I90 here and there. The middle fork road (along the middle fork snoqualmie river) would also be a good bet--you can access it off exit 34 on I90.

Same thing out on the Olympic peninsula. Find the forest service roads surrounding the national park, and you'll find plenty of places to pull off and park it.

Have fun!

Jason

IamT_Roy

Local Trips

Check out Gorge Lake up near Diablo Lake. It is right off of the North Cascade Highway (Highway 20). The closest town is Newhalem. You can stay there for free right by the river. Killer views all around.

Hello,

I just purchased an '86 Weekender and am looking for some good camp destinations relatviely close to Seattle. It would be great to be able to park in more secluded areas rather than the large, car camping situations. Any recommendations?

Cheers,

Matt