US -- West of Miss River

Capt. Mike

California Camper; Redwood CA

The Imua camper site had two links. This is one advertising rentals out of the LA and SF areas. I have NO knowledge of, or experience with, this company.

Contact info:
California Camper
1692 Tacoma Way #12
Redwood City CA 94063
(650) 216-0000
California Campers is a subsidiary of Selex Auto Inc
With any unknown or new company I suggest you contact both the BBB & that state's Attorney General Consumer Protection office before proceeding.

Last edited:
G

I bought by Westie from the owner of California Campers, Sorin Bejenaru. The place was clean, the service professional. His main line of business is to pick up people at the air port and train stations (which are near his garage) and give them their rented westie.

The two groups of people I saw while I were there were satisfied, and I am satisfied as well. I would encourage others to give his service a try.

He also sells westies, especially in Winter when his rental service slows down.

All of his westies are well maintained since Freds Garage is about 100 feet from his door. Fred's is apparently THE place to have your westie rebuilt. Their back lot and westie graveyard had over forty in various stages of recycling. I had the local VW dealer (Boardwalk) also recommend them both.

--Matthew

Capt. Mike

Transferred from other posts to consolidate by locale.

Roamin' Holidays; Albuquerque NM

Capt. Mike Moderator Member # 11 posted 08-03-2000 09:03 AM

The Imua camper site had two links. This is one advertising rentals out of the NM. It also claims a Philidelphia, PA, site. I have NO knowledge of, or experience with, this company.
Contact info:

I would CAUTION their URL does NOT give any other contact info such as address or owner/officer names. I also did a DeLorme Phone Search USA -- the name Roamin' Holiday was "no record found" in the 1999 listings for either Albequerque or Philidelphia. While this could just indicate just a brand new company, it could also mean a home operation or an unlicensed/unregistered company.

When I find companies that are not fully disclosed in their brochures or URL's, I usually contact both the BBB & that state’s Attorney General Consumer Protection office before proceeding. Actually good advice any time!

syncrosteve Member # 253 posted 08-07-2000 09:49 AM

What a wonderful website this is! As a longtime VW owner, I wish I found this site earlier. Anyway, I ran across the following web site [Westfalia Exchange]that exchanges Westfalias. Natalie might be interested. I haven't used them so I can't recommend them or anything.

Imua Camper Co.; Hawaii

Capt. Mike Moderator Member # 11 posted 08-03-2000 08:38 AM

I was recently forwarded this company's URL, advertising Westy rentals in Hawaii. I have NO knowledge of, or experience with, this company.

They give contact info of:

"fax(toll free): 1.877.773.4682 or: 808.935.6241."
The also have an on-line contact form at their web site.

I would CAUTION their URL does NOT give any other contact info such as address or owner/officer names. I also did a DeLorme Phone Search USA -- the name Imua Camping was "no record found" in the 1999 listings. While this could just indicate just a brand new company, it could also mean a home operation or an unlicensed/unregistered company. I also reverse searched by the phone number and again "no record found."

When I find companies that are not fully disclosed in their brochures or URL's, I usually contact both the BBB & that state's Attorney General Consumer Protection office before proceeding. Actually good advice any time!

Katherine Maas Junior Member # 1930 posted 08-13-2001 06:08 PM

We rented a Westy from Imua for two weeks in February and had a thoroughly wonderful experience. The vehicle was clean and in good running order. I would not hesitate to use Imua again. K Maas

rocknpowda

Western Road Trips, LLC

Located in Salt Lake City, Utah, this rental agency is closer to more national parks than any other in the country including Zion, Yellowstone, Bryce Canyon, and the Grand Canyon.

Their URL is www.westernroadtrips.com. Their phone number is 801-953-6068. Their mailing address is PO Box 901504, Sandy, UT 84090-1504. Currently they are a small operation and all rentals begin and end at the Salt Lake International Ariport or other location in Salt Lake County.

They have nice vans and there is alot of nice stuff to see nearby.

Last edited by a moderator:

Capt. Mike

Transferred to consolidate locale.

Gary Berg Junior Member March 18, 2007 04:02 PM

Aloha,

We are GB Adventures, a VW Westy rental company located on the Big Island of Hawaii. We have been in business for 5 years now. Please visit our site to read our guests testimonials, and to learn all about our company, including the "About Us" page (Gary Berg.) We also have links to ALL the other Westy rental companies in the USA on our "Island Links" page. Mahalo!

G.B. Adventures

zizapoule

rental before 21 years old?

I'm looking for an agency which rent some vans (vw) to 19 years old person.
Normally it's impossible to rent a car before 21 but if someone has an idea for me it would be great (maybe a private rental)!
Thanks!

Ferdinando

Rental wanted - San Diego

Hi everybody!

I'll be visiting California the first 2 weeks of June and I'm looking for a camper van like the VW ones. Do you know where can I rent it in San Diego?

Thank you!

Ferdinando

france999

California Campers

California Campers are mentionning on their internet site that they do not allow to drive through Death Valley National Park before the month of November because of high heat. This is very disappointing for us, would anybody knows a place where they would rent a vw without this condition? Location near San Francisco ideally. Tks

france999

California rental info

Hello,

If that could help, we are desperatly looking to rent a westfalia in San Francisco. We are now looking at surroundings to find what we are looking for. The only places out there we found (and we did lots of online searche) ares california campers - and vintage. Their conditions (and price) can give you an idea of renters expectations. They do not allow to drive in Death Valley National Park after the mont of Oct.

So if anyone knows another place that would rent in San Francisco, we would be happy to know. We are leaving Sept. 7 2009 for 10 weeks with our 10 months baby to visit national Parks and the coast rte 1. Tks!

France

JWright

CO, UT or NV Rental in July

Looking to rent a VW camper for three weeks in July 2010. Responsible and clean driving record.

Thanks!

tiresmokindad

I went to Carolina to Camp using my friend's VW camper. I think I can refer him to you so that he can lease his VW camper.

Last edited by a moderator:

pavan

Hi, I am trying to rent a Westfalia in the Colorado Rocky Mountains or Albuquerque in February 2012 for 4-5 days. I will be traveling with my husband and 2 young kids in Southern New Mexico. Let me know if you have one to rent. Thanks!