Texas

jonc

El Paso

I have had nothing but good experience with Ernesto Canales
owner of Euro-Tech
3701 Mattox
El Paso, TX 79925
(915)771-7840

I had a good feeling the first time I took my Westy to him. I told him what my problem was and what I wanted done, then turned to leave. "Hey, where are you going?" he called out as I walked away. I told him I was going home and he could call me when he was done. "No, you're not! You stay here and watch what I do." I stayed. That's been the tone ever since. I can stay and watch, stay and help, come in any time and check on work in progress or whatever I want. When he rebuilt my engine and transmission he called every couple of days and insisted that I come in and see what had been done and what was still needed. I can't say enough good about Ernesto. Just one caution; in El Paso "manana" doesn't mean tomorrow, it means not today. If you need rush service you have to be very convincing.

[ 02-28-2002: Message edited by: Capt. Mike ]

Capt. Mike

Transferred from other posts to consolidge by locale.[/b]

New Braunsfels TX Recommended by Jim Cain

jonc Moderator Member # 37 posted 06-10-2000 01:47 PM

Canyon Automotive
457 S. Business 35
P.O.Box 311452
New Braunfels, Texas 78131
830-625-4008

Honest, friendly, good work, reasonable priced. Lots of vans, Vanagons and earlier in parking lot is what attracted me.

San Antonio, Texas

Mars Hotel Junior Member # 227 posted 07-29-2000 02:26 PM

Autobahn
(210) 657-1180
2306 NE Loop 410
San Antonio, TX 78217

Formerly known as Volkstoy on Starcrest, these guys love VW's and Porsches. These guys can geek talk for hours about the fine points of any aspect of your van. I've always been very happy with their knowledge and speedy turnaround and feel great about recommending them.

Charlie C.

Canyon Automotive was gone from above location on a recent drive through N.B. TX. I don't know if they morphed to a new loca or not. I have been recommended to: John Pierce Automotive in San Antonio Tx. loca/2620 SW Loop 410. Phone: 210-675-5075. I was recommended to John by someone in the dune buggy circle who says he has a good rep as a tranny rebuilder. Will be trying him out when I get my 71's tranny pulled and delivered to him for a rebuild. Will advise.

Darkwing

goobersmoocher2

San Angelo Texas....Central Texas....Talley Services 915 653 3966....Factory trained...Talley knows the whereabouts of a fellow with 25 years experence with VW aircooled products....this guy can do anything, motors, gearboxes....everything...the guy is a little excentric but cool and brainy

seward

UNDERGROUND METAPHYSICAL VOLKSWAGEN REPAIR
6706 N Lamar Blvd
Austin TX
undervw@swbell.net

A great shop.

Toby was very helpful and spent lots of time helping me and hardly charged for it.

thomasvandyke

He would kill me if I told anyone about him but in Corpus Christi there is a great, I mean great, mechanic named Bjorn. Seek him out. Anyone with a Westy in Corpus should know him.

Capt. Mike

Copied from Dealer Policies forum.

<Gene & Heide> Posted February 20, 2001 01:55 AM

I have had nothing but bad service from VW dealers so if one told me he didn't work on my Vanagon I'd thank him for it. Bob Hoy VW here in El Paso has screwed me the worst. Turns out the son of the couple across the back fence was working in Bob Hoy's parts department. We were chatting over the back fence one summer evening as he told me about the VW mechanic learning on some guy's camper. That was my camper!! At least I knew why the gas mileage kept getting worse with each visit

lizasmith

Canyon Automotive was gone from aloft area on a contempo drive through N.B. TX. I don't apperceive if they morphed to a new loca or not. I accept been recommended to: John Pierce Automotive in San Antonio Tx. loca/2620 SW Loop 410. Phone: 210-675-5075. I was recommended to John by addition in the dune buggy amphitheater who says he has a acceptable rep as a tranny rebuilder. Will be aggravating him out back I get my 71's tranny pulled and delivered to him for a rebuild. Will advise.