T-4 Water Sensor

Smroot

I have a 1995 Eurovan with a Westfalia camper interior. The water level sensor didn't work so I took it to TV repair shop. He fixed the sensor like designed so it closes the circuits at 1ohm, 2ohm, shorted and open. The Central Electronic Display (E153 in the Bentley Manual) doesn't read this. We can get it to read correctly at 600/1200/4000/open.

As maybe you can tell, I don't know what I'm talking about except that the reads at a completely different resistance scale. Is there a calibration or some way to switch the electronic display? It is possible that a previous owner replaced the sensor.

Any advice is appreciated,
Tim

RBEmerson

Take the easy route and track down a working replacement from an online source. Without seeing how the T4 sensor works, there's no way to suggest how to install the needed resistors (the big concern is keeping things watertight). AFAIK, there's no trim control for the level sensor. The idea behind the "gauge" is to show "full; got a lot; got some; got none" and not how many cups of water are in the tank. Either the part works or it doesn't - calibration isn't needed.

G

Gognogeona

T 4 Water Sensor

Does anyone happen to know the thread size for the sensor? I found some 3/8 BSPP and BSPT fittings, but they do not appear to be the correct size. Thanks.