Stove changes, non factory

G

My California Coach -93 has a spirit stove, I want to change it to a 3 kg Camping Gas equipment. I am often visiting Germany. Where can I get a replacement stove?
Carl Sweden

jtreg

:cool: Hi Carl, I want to do exactly the same - I jave a Westfalia T4 California and I wanted to fit a propane stove instead of the stupid meths stove. The dealer I bought it off was not very helpful, almost behaved as if I was mad! Anyway, all they could say was to look out for a supplier called Cramer who are Czech I was told. I looked on the web and found some Cramer products on the Reimo site. I wrote to Reimo and they did not reply (I dont speak German). I cannot find any Cramer stockists in the UK. I would have thought that it was a common upgrade... anyway, if you are in Germany, ask for Cramer and let me know how you get on. I am dropping my T4 off to another company to have a vinyl floor fitted and I am going to ask them what they can do. If they have any ideas I will pass them on!

Cheers

JT

Last edited by a moderator:

jtreg

AVA Leisure quoted me 8/900 UKP to fit a propane stove - this is because it means pulling apart glued joints in the cooker/sink unit. I will give that a miss, I dont think its worth it, do you?

Calle

Today I have heard from boot-owners in Sweden(the meth-Origo stove is very common there) that all depends on the fuel. The smell and the carbon are connected with not suitable fuel. I will make another try with a original fuel called Origonol. I will report later.
Carl

jtreg

I am fitting a new stove and sink (in stainless steel). Because the overall sizes are not the same, I am getting a workshop to cut me a sheet of thin stainless steel with a hole in it to take the new sink. This way, I can glue in the stainless steel sheet and not pull apart the existing cabinets. I have to order a sink/cooker with the cooker on the left hand side as the original Westfalia one had the meths stoves on the left.

Capt. Mike

Although the Westy/Winnie sinks & stoves are 'custom', when you are making modifications that involve replacing them and the cabinetry, you'll find the equipment used in many of the small pop-top camper trailers suitable and reasonable priced. After all, the Westy is little more than a tiny pop-top with a motor. So I suggest you investigate the RV market instead of specialty Westy suppliers.

nelson.stefano

ciao
I have same problem , I need to change alcool stove with butangaz stove . I asked to a westy dealer ; it ask me about 1800 euros .
I think i'll try to use alccol stove with origonol .

nelson.stefano

Hi to all
I find ORIGONOL to a navigation equipment dealer .
I tried stove with origonl on mountain at 2000 meters Hight , 3° c degrees ..
It's work very well ,
I spent 8 euros ( 9 or 10 US $ ) to 1/2 liters
of origonol.

Jipi

Alcohol cooker conversion into gas cooker

Hi.
I have a 93 westfalia T4. The cooker is an alcohol type one. I would like to convert it into a gas cooker as on the more recent model.
I dont find the alcohol one very handy.
Any tips and advise on how to do this conversion.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks.
J-P

Last edited by a moderator: