Stereo wiring


New member
I have a new-ish 2008 radio in my old-ish '81 AC Westy and my in-line fuse keeps burning out on the red wire (which I believe goes to the power supply for the radio, aka 12V battery). The PO I bought the van from had a little 2amp glass fuse in the line but the stereo itself has a 10amp fuse and all the fuses by my steering column are 8amp so I was wondering if the red wire is just really whimpy and can really only take 2amps or if I could pump up the power to 3 or 5 amps and not be at risk of setting my baby on fire. Any advice and anecdotes are appreciated!

Happy trails,