Short circuit

Rover

Friends,
1989 Westy full camper. Sixth in my series and a keeper.
Driving along making hot water for coffee with an immersion heater in the cig. lighter socket, a fuse popped. No. 3, 15 Amp: lighter, radio, vanity mirror, horn, dome lights and cabin light. With everything off, a new fuse popped immediately. The water heater may have been an overload (never before, though) but now I have a direct short to ground. The lighter socket looks fine. I'm at a loss on how to troubleshoot this without a full dash and other disassembly. Maybe the horn wire is frayed? What else might it be?

Rover

TylerD67

My '97 has an odd problem where the drivers and passenger side windows, and rear-view mirrors, don't work. The stereo (after market) works for a while, but then mysteriously turns off. When it first happened, I could slam the drivers side door (not the best thing to do while driving!) and the radio would turn back on. I'm thinking it's a wire connect? I can jiggle the wire holder in the rubber casing in between the drivers side door and the rest of the vehicle and that can make things work, but rarely. Any thoughts?