Rocker Panel Moldings


New member
I just bought a 91 west, (3rd westy) and always liked the appearance of the lower body moldings. Mine does not have these but does anyone know if I can purchase them anywhere and install them?

Capt. Mike

Can they be installed? Yes. There's no reason they shouldn't fit a Westy since the body panels are identical, but they are not compatible with the Westy's rock & mud guard for the LP tank. They attach via a set of brackets which are riveted to the body. That would require drilling 38 holes for attaching the brackets; the panel then bolts to those brackets. You'd then have to come up with a custom mud-flap arrangement for the LP tank because it requires protection the rocker panel moldings don't provide.

Where? <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Most "Where can I get?" questions are deleted as 'wanted' unless VERIFIED as 'No Longer Available' from VW. Exceptions might be restoration materials or solutions & procedures to non-VW part matters. Bargain hunting is outside the scope of the technical boards. Please patronize our site sponsors when shopping aftermarket.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You might consider something like the 3M Scotch-Cal kits posted elsewhere on the site.

[ 07-06-2001: Message edited by: Capt. Mike ]