Replacement Fridge: Vitrifrigo camper fridges available in Canada?

Rickster W

Hi ya,
I'm looking to replacement by dead fridge with a Vitrifrigo C51i or C39i. They are highly efficient at 24 amps per day. QUESTION: Does anyone know where I can buy one here in Canada relatively cheap?

Cheers,
Rick

BrianU

Hi ya,
I'm looking to replacement by dead fridge with a Vitrifrigo C51i or C39i. They are highly efficient at 24 amps per day. QUESTION: Does anyone know where I can buy one here in Canada relatively cheap?

Cheers,
Rick
Did you ever get an answer? I'm looking to replace my dead domestic....

Rickster W

Hi Brian,
I live in Toronto and replaced my fridge. I saw similar models from Vitrigo, Truck Fridge and Waeco, all with similar specifications. I had a major problem in buying the Vitrogo and Truck Fridge as they didn't qualify for duty-free import under NAFTA. So, I chose the Waeco 50 litre DC and got it for about $550 from the company below with delivery. Make sure you check the measurements in any of the models you buy. My fridge sticks out by about 2 inches from the cabinet which is fine by me but might not be want you want. If so, you get get a smaller unit. I am having my fridge installed in the next two weeks. Hope this helps.

http://www.bigriggifts.com/cgi-bin/acart/apple-search.pl?&action=viewprod&id=1274657714

cheers,
Rick

Yukon_Girl

Hey everyone.... I'm looking at fridge replacement options. I like the look of the ones on GoWesty as I want something I can use with solar and a good chill (also bigger!). I want something built in though...any creative options and/or photos out there?