I do not have for the Diesel specifically but I'll share what I've got and hopefully that will help. I can't imagine they would be that much different.
1. Disconnect battery negative lead
2. Raise and support front of vehicle - use jack stands and get as high as practical (radiator?) as the radiator comes out from below
3. Remove spare wheel carrier and spare wheel
4. Remove undertray from below the radiator - 2 self tapping screws
5. Place a container under the right hand side. Disconnect the hoses and catch the coolant that will escape.
6. Remove the front grille panels (upper and lower)
7. Disconnect the fan thermoswitch and free any cable ties that obstruct your moving the harness
8. With the aid of an assistant, support the radiator and unbolt the two lower brackets (10mm head)
9. Recover the radiator mounting rubbers fromt he brackets and set aside.
10. Lower radiator and remove
Hope this helps.
Thanks a million! I will give these steps a try and let you know how I make out.
1982 Diesel Radiator Removal
We ran into a snag with the removal of the spare wheel carrier so we can lower the old radiator. The instructions that we received indicate that there are 2 self tapping screws which is not the case on our 1982 diesel.
Can you provide any suggestions?
"4. Remove undertray from below the radiator - 2 self tapping screws"
Thanks for your consideration. Ed