Intoductions -- new to site 2009 >. (No questions or other topics.)

freemanmurray19

Hey there!

Hi there! I just joined these forums and would like to take the time to let you know a little bit about me. I am 19 years on age. I am looking to better my knowledge and help others to best of my ability. So please feel free to ask any questions. I am hoping to make some wonderful friends along the way. I hope to get to know everyone here.

alantod

Hi all, I am fitting out a westy for a friend and have a garage full of bits and a mess of wires all over. Might need a bit of help with this one. The van has the back seat and pop top in place only, the rest is to fit for the first time. I have no instruction manuals or anything else, yet.
Any good tips where to look for floor plans wiring plans etc etc.

rajphoto

New to the list

Hi all.
I'm writing from the Burlington, Vt. area. I'll be flying to Denver in June to pick-up a 1984 Westy with a 2.1 rebuild from my father. Can't wait. I'm looking forward to some great camping this summer!

RAJ

whistler2002

Hello from the North Carolina Mountains

Hello. I joined this group years ago when I had my first Westy, dropped out for a while, and now purchased my second one - a 1985. Trying to get the bugs worked out so I can do a little traveling. I think I've worn out my old Mac searching this site!
Thanks to all who post this great info.
larry

Captmurphy1972

Hello All

Well just wanted to drop by and say I have just joined the community. I have been into vanagons for a long time, and had no idea a site like this even existed.

indie52

Hello

I'm new to this site but have had my van for 6 years and the last two have travelled to Mexico in it. Looking forward to meeting more westy owners

Jerry

trailrat

Hello

I have always wanted a VW camper and finally found one. It has required a lot of work to bring it to it's present state, almost ready. Most of the mechanical and body work was done by people we hired. I need to learn some mechanical skills.

So far my most significant outing was in a Christmas parade.

I hope to do some camping this summer.

I call my 69 hippie van my "middle aged crazy vehicle." I think I'm really going to love this vehicle.

Thanks for all the good information on this site.
Trailrat

Siddhartha

New Westy Owner!

Hello!

I have always wanted a Westy and now finally I own one. I had purchased a Vanagon about 10 years ago and after two days the guy I had bought it from told me he could not part with it and asked for it back! So I gave it back. Better that way.

I am very excited and can't wait to take it camping. My little son its very impressed that you can cook in the back and is constantly asking me if I am hungry....

I must learn how to take care of it, there is very handy info on this site and I am trying to read as much as I can.

My Westy's name is Siddhartha and the journey is about to begin!

Cheers!

happyhoofer

New to the Westy World

Hi
Live on the East coast of Canada and baught my Westy last year. I have always wanted one and when I left the military I made the move. Have not taken any big trips yet but hope to wander off more this summer.

Dan

Bellinghamster

Hi Folks

Just joined the group.

My family (me, wife, 5 year old boy, and 2 year old girl) purchased a 2003 Weekender last month. We live in western Washington and took our shake down camp trip to Lopez Island (one of the San Juans) a couple weeks ago. Looking forward to more of the same!

Cheers!

mccartermontana

Howdy All

We (Myself, wife, 4 year old son, and Tellie the dog) finally acquired our Westy. A 1982 full camper named "Clarabelle". It needs an engine rebuild, but we are incredibly excited.

mccartermontana

merlynbc

New to the group

Hi! My wife and I have that rather rare beast, a 1994 Eurovan full Westfalia with the 5 cyl diesel engine. We have had it for just about a year, and so far have only been able to use it a few times. Retirement is not too far down the road though so it will get more use.

Last edited:

annamvs

Made it to westfalia.org!

Just bought our first van, it's a 1981 Vanagon and we've already started the re-hab! It sat unloved for quite awhile (unless you count the mice)... but, we're determined. With a giant screaming eagle on the front and "Free Spirit" emblazoned across the back? How could we say no?

Still gotta get a name for the sweet beast... I think it's a girl.

Looking forward to wading thru the forums to find nuggets of information and pearls of wisdom!

Be well!

handolio

Greetings all

Hi everyone. Just became the proud and happy owner of Florence; a white over brilliant orange Westie bay window. First job looks like a brake overhaul, but I'm sure she's got more surprises in store!

a-marshal

Hello All

After years of looking my wife and I finally found the "right" (for us anyway) westy .. a pumpkin orange 1973. We had only had it on the road a week when it went on its first road trip .. a 3,000 (yes thousand) mile round trip to Nova Scotia. Maybe that wasn't the best idea we ever had.. maybe it was just a huge leap of faith but in all respects the van performed flawlessly .. I could not be happier..

possibly because we never exceeded 65 mph we averaged 22 miles / US gallon.. and consumed just less than two liters of oil not too bad from what I understand.

We just need a name...

eevakk

Hello fellow Westyists!

We (hubby, I, 9 month old Lilja and our 2 dogs) are brand new owners of an -81 Westy and can't wait to pile up the family and take our virgin voyage. "The Old Turd" needs a bit of loving, though... I'm very excited to meet other Westy people, I've been wanting a camper for sooo long! Hopefully we'll see some of you out there at a random campsite :D

Eeva

azmike9

Hello, Looking to be a westfalia Owner again!!!!

Hello to all,

I had a 1977 Yellow Westfalia I sold it in 1995. I loved it and went all over with it. Now I joined this forum to get more info to purchase my second Westfalia. Thanks in advance for all the great info.

Mike

silverecho

Should have bought my 87 in 87

my wife and i picked up our 87 Westy a few months ago. we're taking her (her name is Lailani) on her maiden voyage this weekend camping for 4 days. Loving this car!
-Mark