Inside rear view mirror

xrayeyes1

I have a 1985 Westy, and the plastic socket on the inside rear view mirror crumbled and the mirror fell off. The extension from the roof is fine, and the ball part is in excellent shape. I can't find a replacemednt for the mirror part itself, however. My local VW dealer says there's not another inside mirror available from VW in the entire U.S. I would appreciate help in finding a replacement inside rear view mirror.

wanderer

Keep at it....the tea leaves indicate one is out there just waiting for you to find it. Part of owning a 27 year old vehicle is tracking down parts for em. Check out the ETKA website, go you your "year" and it will list the various part numbers for just about every little part and piece that makes up the Vanagon. Once you have the part number, enter it into Google search engine and click "enter". See what pops up. Heres another place to check out, its in sunny California. Place is called Interstate Auto Parts.Once ya gots the phone number,call em and ask for Diane, tell her what you need and she will send one of the guys out to the yard and see if they have one...............Good luck and have fun :eek:

xrayeyes1

Wanderer and Jason, Just in case the need arises, I found a replacement mirror at bus-boys.com for US$40.00. It is a bit smaller than the original, but it's the best I could find. Thanks for your help.

xrayeyes1

G

Gognogeona

My manual rear view mirror keeps dropping down and is not staying in a fix position anymore. Anyone know a fix for this without replacing?

By the way, glad that I stumbled upon Vinchain guys. I wanted to buy used 2000 Volkswagen Gti and i'm glad that I ran vin check before buying. I used Vinchain http://vinchain.io/report/check vin decoder service and with their help I noticed that vehicle mentioned previously is with rear end damage. Hope you'll save your bucks and in my opinion they are better than other car record websites