Eurovan Westfalia aux. battery charger

kerboo

Anyone know where I can get hold of a schematic drawing for the RV power converter installed by Westfalia in a 1992 Eurovan. If anyone has this drawing could they e-mail it to me? Thanks.
ker-boo@home.com

Capt. Mike

I don't have the individual manufacturer's schematic but Page X169 of the Bentley Vol 2 shows the wiring diagram of the converter part of the camper. It at least shows the basic layout, wiring and connections.

Since most converter's are pretty generic, you can also look at the wiring diagram of the late Type II P27 on my pic site linked from the home page. It's in the Technical Drawings folder.

mosleybus

My 91 t4 westie battery doesn't charge on mains, only when driving. Any ideas?:(

I'll try for the wiring diagram, but what is the likley reason for it not charging on mains, only whilst running?:(

Last edited by a moderator:

Armagon

Hi, it's easy, your charger is dead. I just fixed one that the charger was dead. I suggest you put a intelligent battery charger instead of the old one. The unit is behind a wooden panel under the refrigerator. 2 screws and you're looking at it. 2 more screws and it's removed.

I replaced the old one for an intelligent battery charger and meanwhile, I will get the onl one fixed, if you're interested, reply to me and I will keep you updated.

Max

BlueArch

My 93 Westfalia the shore power has never charged the battery since I bought it in 97. I am in the process of purchasing a new controller for the fridge, maybe I should finally replace the converter. Do you have a model number or part number that would be a proper replacement? My current one is labelled:

R.V. Power Converter 506 607

If it is fixable, could I open it up and do it myself, or who would I get to do it?

Tim

Armagon

Check the link in my last post, it says where they break and how to fix it. Personally i tried to fix one and it was not a succes. SO i suggest you gust take it off and replace it with a nice intelligent battery charger that will supply what is needed when it is needed withoiut having to play with the buttons.

BlueArch

Check the link in my last post, it says where they break and how to fix it. Personally i tried to fix one and it was not a succes. SO i suggest you gust take it off and replace it with a nice intelligent battery charger that will supply what is needed when it is needed withoiut having to play with the buttons.

Thanks for the link. I did open up the box but there was nothing obviously burned out, or suspicious looking. Do you know where I would find a nice intelligent battery charger? Though I am tempted to spend the money on a solar panel instead. It is rare that I have shore power and it is only my fridge that is the main consumer of my aux battery. We get good sun out here, so maybe that will be my next research topic. Thanks for your help, extra tips are always be appreciated!