Eurovan parts and accessories

kwhitton

Anyone know of a place in Canada where you can get camper parts for older Eurovan's (like a 1992)? I am looking for a cap for the water tank drain and possibly other small items. I am a new Westy owner (less than a week) so am brand new at finding suppliers and decent Eurovan/Westy web-sites.

kwhitton

Hi, what year is yours? Mine is a 1992 and on the GoWesty web-site that is the only year that is not listed as an option.

Brumac2

I see your concern, there is no mention of the 1992 Eurovans on the Go Westy parts lists. You do have to be careful to ensure the camper parts you buy are for Westfalias and not Winnibego conversions as they are not compatible.
I can't check mine right now but I suspect that the water tank drain cap is compatible with a standard garden hose fitting. You could check that by threading the female end of a hose onto the outlet to see if it fits. If it does that opens up the possibility of using a terminal hose cap from a hardware store. If that doesn't work I would try different threaded bottle caps until I found one that fit in size and thread pattern.

Bruce Hygh

I got a water tank drain cap, and lots of smaller items, for my 1992 VW Eurovan Westfalia Camper Van, from the VW dealer in Ottawa, Bytek, through their parts department. The trick is to have them do a dealer-wide search of all VW dealers in Canada and their parts inventories. The cap was an original VW OEM part and cost me about $50.00.

I too like you, am searching for parts and accessories suppliers for the older Eurovan Westfalias. My refrigerator is acting up and I do not know where to get it serviced or get parts for it.

Hope some of what I had to say was helpful to you

Cheers

Bruce Hygh

kwhitton

Hi Bruce
Thanks for your messages, I haven't logged in for a while but am now looking for parts again. Did you ever locate parts for fridge? Mine doesn't work now and not sure why. Sounds like it is trying to run but it is not generating any cool. Also distributor went and am looking for parts.

Bruce Hygh

Hi

I never ever did find any parts for the refrigerator on my 1992 Eurovan Westphalia. It made noises like it would run and start and did work when parked but not on the road. I finally replaced it with a two-way electrical trucker's refrigerator that I fitted into the space under the cabinets, like on the later model Westphalias after mine, and converted the space where the old refrigerator wwas into a storage space. Works well, seem to have the same amount of storage space and now with a totally reliable refrigerator with lots of space in it for food and beverages. Let me know if you want the name of the manufacturer of the new refrigerator I now have in the Westy.

Best regards

Bruce