Eurovan engine conversion

JeffMV93

Hello everybody, new member here..... :)

I just purchased a 93 Eurovan MV Westy which is in great condition, but with 225,000 miles on it. Runs okay, but the head gasket is leaky, so it's time to get it repaired or replaced. I haven't had a compression test done yet.

If a replacement is in order, what reasonable upgrade options do I have? A stronger VW engine would be nice, since I'll be towing a small sailboat or trailer from time to time.

Thanks in advance,
Jeff

Last edited by a moderator:

Trevor

Hello Jeff,
I have had my 92cv for a year.I was wondering the same question when I purchased mine.The tech I talked to said it would be a huge undertaking for a VR6. So I talked to my local mechanic who's a hopup wizard and he suggested a supercharger.The spec's say it is a 8:5 compression ratio, so he said one could be bolted straight on.I have been surching around for crossover parts from Audi's 5 cylinder motors but I haven't found anything concrete yet.Aftermarket is a possibiliy as well.
Anyways I figure a overhaul and some nice parts would probably be less than a VR6 and tranny as well.I will stay posted Because I am curious if somebody has other ideas. There doesn't seem to be too much info on the newer models as there is on the older Westies.
Trevor

dmalcom

eurovan engine conversion

Hi, i just bought a 1993 Eurovan mv with a problem engine.. i am going to try to figure a way to convert it to a engine upgrade. does anyone know of a audi engne that will work in it .. They seem to be more plentiful.. And i belive it is a Audi 5 cylinder engine .. Somebody has to know of something..

obsession01

The Audi S4 1991-1994 AAN engine is the same block and should bolt in. There are rare.

Last edited by a moderator: