Canada Clubs

steve wyer

There seems to be very little info on any owner's clubs or events on the west coast of BC. Anyone have more detailed knowledge about this or do no clubs exist in this area?

Capt. Mike

Transferred into new club forum.

lolloland Junior Member posted January 29, 2003 12:03 AM

I've just moved here from the UK where I had a '72 Bus & have bought a '77 westfalia. I've seen lots of campers & panel vans around but can't find details of any clubs in the area. I loved the club scene in the UK & want to do the same again. If there are none do any locals want to meet up & start something?

leester Posted May 31, 2003 03:03 PM

I just bought an 86 Vanagon, and I would love to start something club wise here in Van. I'm new to the vehicle, but eager to learn, and pretty quick to, as well.
Let me know if you've heard from any others....Lee
vancouver bc

bear Junior Member Posted June 18, 2005 12:31 PM

I would be interested also leester, I'm in North Van. 90 Westy

modoc88 Member Posted June 24, 2005 06:48 PM

My husband and I would be interested. We live on Galiano Island. We have had our Westy for about 6 years.

mutz Member Posted July 14, 2005 08:28 PM

Me too, just got a 86 westy, is this going anywhere?

swyer Junior Member Posted September 02, 2005 5:11 PM

I think I may have posted about a club in BC in the wrong area. However, i think we need a club on the west coast of canada. I am willing to recieve survey info to see how many people would be interseted in starting something with specifics to be determined. What do people think is the best way to proceed. My suggestion would be that we take a window of a month - say September - and I will host emails from interested folks. When I month is up, we can decide if the response was healthy enough to form some sort of association in the Vancouver area.

So send away, Westy owners on the left coast!
steve
bourbon1@telus.net

Capt. Mike

Transferred to consolidate same locale.

Pat & Cathy Hughes Junior Member Posted October 07, 2006 09:33 PM

We are visiting Nova Scotia and met a couple who told us about an organized group of VW camper owners who help out each other when traveling in different areas and organized group travels. We are interested if anyone has information on this gorup. We are from the U.S. and have just found out that many campgrounds in PEI and Nova Scotia will be closing this weekend and we're looking for like minded people to help with campgrounds or a place to plug into as the temperatures drop.

Cathy

Last edited:

Harry Sloane

There is a club in Canada called the International Westfalia Camping Car Club. International because it has several US members as well as a few members in Europe. It's membership is mainly in Québec but a good 25% of the membership can also be found in New Brunswick and the other maritime provinces as well as Ontario. There are some members scattered throughout the rest of Canada. US members are sprinkled here and there but a few of them are based in California. Generally two main rallies are held each year in June and September which are usually attended by 300 to 400 Westfalias and their owners. They have a 40 page magazine that is published 3 times a year and a Web site (mainly in french but actually bilingual) There are roughly 1000 members (Westfalias only). Welcome all

Last edited by a moderator:

Capt. Mike

VW Club in Victoria BC

Transferred to consolidate same locale.

donandrobin 2/23/08 14:25

Been a longtime member of my local club, in Victoria, BC. Website is www.vvwc.ca and worth checking out if you have a moment.

Don

Last edited:

Gilwell II

Clubs

Is there a Westfalia Owner's Club in Newfoundland & Labrador. In spite of the fact that most of our vehicles rust out within five years there are a number of Westfalias on the road in the summertime. I heard of a club in Hampton NB but can't find a thread....
OR..... Is there any interest in starting one?
PTYFNA and I'll be watching the posts... :)

Gilwell II

Newfoundland & Labrador Club

So, it's that time again. The Westfalia is out of the warehouse and we are waiting for more rain to wash the last of the salt of the highways & byways.
[we had snow last night] Trips are planned and jamborees are on the horizon. We can't be the only ones on the rock getting ready. Is there any interest in forming a group? Last call. D