1980 westi Sliding Door Fell off

cubeman

hello , This is my first camper and I love her but seem to be having some issues . After only 3 days of ownership while showing a friend I opened the door and it fell off Holly s... :) Well I wont let that stop me but i do think I need to reinstall it and figure out what happened . Has any one had this issue and have any thoughts on what repair it may need ? Thank you in Advance .

cubeman

hello again . I do have a update to share . After removing the door I fount one of the bearings was gone . So with the age and added weight the door fell off when she slid out of the lower track . I expect the bearings to arrive this week and i plan to replace them all . So do keep the tracks clean and maybe even inspect the bearings .
I will let you know when complete how it turned out . With some luck I do plan to post some pictures along the way . Thanks for looking .

cubeman

so finally the bearings arrived , however I can not determine how it is secured . Seems to fit well but in the track a little loose . Also gravity is the only connection to the stud.