Westfalia.org Community - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Hello from Central Coast California

Default Hello from Central Coast California

Hello everyone, I am new to the forum and in the process of buying my first Westy. It is a 1986 "Weekender" with a pop top, it needs some TLC, but otherwise in great shape! I will be referring to you guys for help a lot I am sure. I will be doing all of my own work on her, or at least I hope to, and might be interested in converting her to a full camper eventually, cost being the deciding factor there. But for now I am going to get to know her before I go gutting her . I have wanted a VW Bus in one form or another since I can remember, my father had one when I was a tot and I remember loving the feel of riding in it and the sound it made. Ever since then I have loved them and at 42 years old I am finally close to my dream of owning one. She isn't perfect by any means, but I aim to make her mine. Anyway, good to be here, I look forward to gaining knowledge and hopefully at some point sharing mine.

2. # ADS
    Adsense Circuit advertisement

Welcome! I am new here too. Should be a lot of fun.

If you're living in the central coast area, you're not too far from this bunch:

http://vwcamperfamily.ning.com/group/goldcountrycampers

We have campouts just about every month, and one of our more regular participants lives in the Carmel Valley.

I lived in Salinas for about fifteen years, and know the area well.
    --JLT
    Sacramento, CA USA

Former buses: '61 17-Window "Pink Bus"
    '70 Frankenwestie "Blunder Bus"
    '71 Frankenwestie "Thunder Bus"
    Current bus: '71 Dormobile Westie "George"