Hi,

I'm new to the forum and I don't know if this is the appropriate place for this post, but I didn't see a forum for general maintenance.
We are guilty of not properly storing our 1985 vanogon westfalia away for the winter. The gas was only 1/4 to 1/2 full, it wasn't covered, and the battery was left in it. It did get an oil change in the Fall. It just sat in our driveway from October to the beginning of March. I started it up in the Beginning of March and it started right up. I've since started it three more times, each time letting it run for at least 15-20 minutes. I've done this because I've had to move it around to make space for things, but it's only gone as far as our short driveway.

I'm wondering about action steps to take to treat the engine and the rest of the van right. From this point, how do we wake her up for Spring? Friends of mine are taking a our Westfalia on a 4 day trip next week and I want to make sure we get it ready as to not hurt the engine or any other part.

I really appreciate any wisdom relating to this issue. I'm not mechanically inclined but am a good learner. I'm also prepared to bring it to a local mechanic, but I wanted to get some perspective first.

Cheers,

jon