Westfalia.org Community - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Just got it!!!

Default Just got it!!!

Three days ago i got my first bus!!! I know NOTHING about it yet! Lots to learn! I have only had water cooled VWs. I know its a 1970 Bay Window, Westfalia but no pop top. You call that a tin top right? I dunno. lol Anyways. I got it off my dad for a good price. He picked it up 6 years ago but he never did anything with it. He just parked it in a car port. It has a new engine put in by the previous owner. Runs great! My first day i drove it over 150 miles. It had not been driven in over 3 years at that time. Over all i would say its in good shape. Surface rust only. Has the original back screen, hammock, front curtains, dealer maintenance log and other original paper work. Its only missing one side marker. it has never been restored. Original seats, paint, seals and everything. Im looking forward to doing a restoration with my dad. Im planning on going with the original off white color but with white on the top half. White seats, curtains, hammock, and door panels. i also want to lower it some. I named it Vanna White because its white, its a van, and it has held up great over the years. lmao. I think its so cool!!! I have wanted one for a long time. I wanted THIS van for about three years but my old man would never budge on it. One day he showed up at my work and gave me a price. I jumped on it! I tow a teardrop camper with my 2001 beetle, so no doubt im looking forward to being able to jump in my bus and going camping at the drop of a hat.
    Im going to be looking all over this forum learning all that i can. Any info on this type of bus is more than welcomed. For example am i even calling it the right name... bay window tin top? Ill try and post some pix real fast. All from my very first drive with a couple of my buds. Vanis Drive 039.jpgVanis Drive 026.jpgVanis Drive 058.jpg
    I'm not lazy i just hang out a lot.

2. # ADS
    Adsense Circuit advertisement

Looks awesome!
    Congratulations and welcome to the world of Westies
    Yes that's what is called "Tin Top" I have one myself and it's a lot of fun working on it

Regards
    Adrian Q.
    Boise, ID. 83709

Thanks Adrian! So far i'm stoked about it and having a blast. If the weather holds out next weekend i'm SO going camping! lol.
    I'm not lazy i just hang out a lot.

Awesome, enjoy....and I love the name.