Westfalia.org Community - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Water Tank leaking in 1988 Westy

Default Water Tank leaking in 1988 Westy

I am a new Westy owner and I have a leak 2 thirds up the tank I would like know how to get the tank out and where can I find a new tank I will be thankfull any help.

2. # ADS
    Adsense Circuit advertisement

Default Instructions on removing tank from 1987

Quote Originally Posted by Logan711 View Post
    I am a new Westy owner and I have a leak 2 thirds up the tank I would like know how to get the tank out and where can I find a new tank I will be thankfull any help.
    I have that same problem. I hope we get an answer.

I do not have an answer for you but in my 87 I have always filled the tank from inside the van[ through the top loading cabinet] I never trusted the outside hookup as I have seen too much side rot from leaky tank hoses on other vans. The 2 thirds factor may[ long shot] be where pressure is enough to put strain on bad hose. Fill it up, if it leaks ,quickly unscrew cap under vehicle and curse me. If it stays, continue to fill from the inside. I aint no mechanic but I have a crazy relation with these things.
    James Conlin 87

One more thought, the tank seems so heavy duty, I can only imagine it's integrity compromised by a PO leaving it filled in a frozen climate and busted from the pressure. Great luck!.
    James Conlin 87