Hey guys,

I have recently (5 days ago) bought a 1981 Westfalia (vanagon). Shes brown, and therefore the fitting name, Brown Betty. I was born and raised in germany, my family moved to Canada in 2001. I've done alot of camping over the years and I love the outdoors. I've had the pleasure of seeing a lot of BC already in my life (I dont think you can ever explore BC fully, its an amazing place). I've taken two years of Chemistry at UBC and now I am taking a year off to reconsider what I am doing with my life, whether chemistry is what I want to do, or if I should move into something I feel more passionate towards (environmental science, ecosystems, preservation). So to make this a successful year off and discovering myself, I decided to do what I had ALWAYS dreamed of doing, getting a westy and heading on the road. Unfortunately I have to work a bit right now to afford the gas and I have to be back by september next year, so my roadtrip will only be about 7-8 months . Needless to say, I am very excited about what I am going to do. My plans are to continue working and earning money until december and then head south, Arizona, New Mexico, California, Nevada, I might even head east, I'll see where the road takes me! I havent quite decided yet how or if I want to record my journey, my wonderful girlfriend started a blog for me and her (she is leaving for australia in january and when she returns we will finish my year off by going across Canada). But I'm not sure how I want to record the journey, I've been trying to decide between: blog, video blog or the old fashioned journal. If anyone has any input, would be greatly appreciated.

So thats alittle bit of background info on me! I cant wait to post here regularly, and if anyone has any tips on my travels, or where would be best to post my journey profile and update a thread would be greatly appreciated!

You can call me Flo by the way