Westfalia.org Community - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Hospital Camping

My mom just had surgery (she's 91). My wife and I drove to the hospital in our 85 Westy. Noticed a lot of people waiting, trying to sleep in the hospital waiting room lounge and some in their cars. Decided to use the camper for purpose it is intended. Slept in it 4 nights. One night my son and daughter-in-law stayed with us. We were all comfortable except she was concerned we looked like the Clampets. Word of caution: We live in small town where safety is not an issue. We sure were a lot more comfortable than the other folks trying to get some sleep. Mom is fine.
    GaryB

2. # ADS
    Adsense Circuit advertisement

Camping at the hospital! Little Tessa is due on Nov. 8th and I could just stay in the Westy in the parking lot while my wife is the new mom's suite. I know the suite's designed for fathers to stay in a cot, but hey, that's what a Syncro Westy is for. Speaking of Syncro, wouldn't it something to be the hero: taking the mom-to-be in labor to the hospital through an early season blizzard! Nah, WAY too much excitement. I'll think I'll be a hero if I don't faint during delivery (the current bets are running 4 to 1 that I will.)Anyway, Gary, great idea and I hope your mom keeps doing well.

syncrosteve
    syncrosteve

Have a friend who insists that some hospital parking lots actually have some hook-ups for campers for those visiting patients. Has anyone ever encountered such?

Never had call to use it, but Scott and White Hospital in Temple TX has signs indicating an RV lot.

Spent one night in my '85 Westfalia on the parking lot of the VA hospital in South Dallas. Several other campers in the parking lot as well.