Westfalia.org Community - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Hello from arizona

Cool Hello from arizona

Hi! New here. Starting restoration on my beloved 69 campmobile. I am the third driver, my grandfather bought it new in 69! I drove this bus for almost 20 years, and can't wait to get this project started, aditionaly would love any suggests or connects!
    Cheers!

2. # ADS
    Adsense Circuit advertisement

Make sure to use the proper fule line when doing your restoration. The refineries are adding a bunch of goodies to todays fuel formulas. A fuel hose... with the code of SAEJ 30R9 printed on it, has an inner lining that is impervious to all the alcohol they dump in the fuel mixture. This fuel line is also a non braded style.

I like the fuel line clamps that have a rolled edge...this style of clamp wont cut into the fuel line when its tightened. Checkout the ABA brand..I think its a #12. Bus Depot carries them. Consider using a full synthetic oil and a proper filter. Mann/Mahle/ or Wix have the correct anti drain valve on them....survey says DONT use a Fram filter.

Thanks for the advise Wanderer! I so will incorporate your suggests in my build! Appreciate your feedback! I love info like this. Exactly what I'm looking for! Any others are welcome.
    Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Sonoranrunner View Post
    Hi! New here. Starting restoration on my beloved 69 campmobile. I am the third driver, my grandfather bought it new in 69! I drove this bus for almost 20 years, and can't wait to get this project started, aditionaly bolivar cuban cigars would love any suggests or connects!
    Cheers!
    69 Campmobile is one of the best! It serves for long time!
    Nice to meet you..