Westfalia.org Community - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Looking to buy a VW Camper and need some knowledge

Post Looking to buy a VW Camper and need some knowledge

My wife and I are looking a buying a vintage VW camper and would like to know what kind of things to look for when buying.I always wanted an antique vechicle and we both love to travel and camp so I thought an old Westy would be great. We always loved the look of the 70's models and since it is just the two of us now that we could "rough it" a bit. We would like to get one that was restored completly and would like to know how reliable are they. Would anyone know of any VW camper convoy that would be going through Eastern Canada or New England States that maybe we could meet up with this summer so we could get some ideas.
    Thanks
    Harvey

2. # ADS
    Adsense Circuit advertisement

Cool Hi, I have a beautifull 2002 Westy for sale in Florida. I just returned from NE.

Quote Originally Posted by Harveyn View Post
    My wife and I are looking a buying a vintage VW camper and would like to know what kind of things to look for when buying.I always wanted an antique vechicle and we both love to travel and camp so I thought an old Westy would be great. We always loved the look of the 70's models and since it is just the two of us now that we could "rough it" a bit. We would like to get one that was restored completly and would like to know how reliable are they. Would anyone know of any VW camper convoy that would be going through Eastern Canada or New England States that maybe we could meet up with this summer so we could get some ideas.
    Thanks
    Harvey
    Hi, I have a beautiful 2002 Westy 'weekender" for sale. We bought it this past December in hopes of getting back on the road again. Unfortunately my wife of 58 years passed away in March. I made one trip of 4,000 miles to MA to our daughter's wedding. I just don't want to camp solo, so am selling this excellent vehicle . In April I had the front seat done in leather. Other than that it is all original and looks almost new! Best, john

Quote Originally Posted by zultuf View Post

Hi, I have a beautiful 2002 Westy 'weekender" for sale. We bought it this past December in hopes of getting back on the road again. Unfortunately my wife of 58 years passed away in March. I made one trip of 4,000 miles to MA to our daughter's wedding. I just don't want to camp solo, so am selling this excellent vehicle . In April I had the front seat done in leather. Other than that it is all original and looks almost new! Best, john
    Hi john. My wife and I have recently made the decision to purchase a westfalia! What area of florida are you in? We live in melbourne fl. What kind of price range are you asking for you van? Feel free to swnd a personal message reaponse. Sorry for your loss. It sounds like you two in past did spend some time on the road

Best regards,
    Trevor and Brittany.