Westfalia.org Community - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Might become the proud owner of a '74 westy soon...

Default Might become the proud owner of a '74 westy soon...

Been browsing this board a couple days and I really like it! My name is Dave and I live in Alabama. I am not completely new to westfalia's since I grew up with one! I was lucky enough to have a dad that liked them. We had a blue Vanagon Westfalia that was a 79-83 ish model. We took it with us when we moved to Germany(US Army). I rode in the back of that thing all over Europe! One of my most memorable trips was to East Berlin before the wall came down around 1986. I remember my dad and one of his friends talking about the tense feeling they had going through checkpoint Charlie. Anyway enough about that. My wifes grandfather passed away recently and had a '74 Westy sitting up and I am wanting to buy it. It needs work(of course) but I am not sure what kind of engine work might be needed yet. I would be happy just having it running good to be able to drive it around. Looking forward to spending some time here!

Thanks
    Dave

2. # ADS
    Adsense Circuit advertisement

....crickets.....wow never had a forum welcome party like this one!!

lol NO kidding!

Did you end up buying the '74? If so, how did it go for you? I'm about to buy a '74 as well.

Sorry guys! As a matter of fact I have finally swindled my wifes uncle into selling the westy to me for a whopping $500!! Pics to come soon. I have a 48 willy's jeep I am selling and as soon as it's gone I am getting the bus!