Westfalia.org Community - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Hi there. Am I crazy to think I can find a diesel?

Default Hi there. Am I crazy to think I can find a diesel?

Hello! I am Zac currently living in Virginia and in a few months will be heading home to the other coast in Seattle. I would so love to do the trip in a westy... I came to this site hoping to find my dream car, the incredibly elusive diesel Westy.. the sasquatch of the automotive world. Can any of you in the know either stoke up my fire and give me some tips on where I may possibly find one of these or else burst my bubble and tell me to give up the dream?

2. # ADS
    Adsense Circuit advertisement

Check out your local craigslistings. Check out GoWesty web site. Look at the Syncros they might have for sale. Check out TheSamba web sit as well. Yer talkin' BIG BUCKS for one thats decent !!! Good luck 2U

Quote Originally Posted by SushiK View Post
    Hello! I am Zac currently living in Virginia and in a few months will be heading home to the other coast in Seattle. I would so love to do the trip in a westy... I came to this site hoping to find my dream car, the incredibly elusive diesel Westy.. the sasquatch of the automotive world. Can any of you in the know either bolivar cuban cigars stoke up my fire and give me some tips on where I may possibly find one of these or else burst my bubble and tell me to give up the dream?
    Hello Zac! welcome to the forum...
    Actually I don't have any thing to add after wanderer saying..

Happy to meet you.

Regards,
    Dani

Hey Zac,
    There's an '82 Turbo Diesel up in Saskatoon,Saskatchewan,Canada. Find it at kijiji.ca. It's a real beauty! I just bought an '82 1.9L Diesel (not turbo) a month ago. So no you're not crazy to think there aren't diesels out there. There are! Good luck.
    Schooter

zac: I just bought a 82 westfalia diesel, has the 1.6 rabbit diesel motor in it, crazy thing though, when i took off the grill i dont see a rad fan in front of the rad??? is there supposed to be one?? thanks booty

zac, i bought a 82 westy diesel last week, when i took the grill off, i dont see a rad cooling fan? is this normal? i have the 1.6 litre diesel thanks booty