Westfalia.org Community - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Curtain Hooks/Slides , also rod idea

Default Curtain Hooks/Slides , also rod idea

Good cheap source of some that work great (with a little mod) is Ikea. $2 for 24 hooks (that close and lock) and slides. The ones I used I bought last year and they are called KVARTAL GLIDR/HK 24PK on the package. You need to sand or file the sides of the slides about 1/32" on each side to get them to fit or you can use new track also cheap from Ikea and mount in existing slots with longer screws. See http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/70188683/ The dimensions of the track for listed for this link seem large so you need to take a slide with you to IKEA to make sure they still sell the correct size.

These have a snap hook so they go on much faster and will not fall off. Also they mount sideways so you can alternate the mounting to assist in having the curtain accordion better when sliding them open. I thought the side ways mount would cause the slide to twist and not move freely but no affect at all.
    Last edited by matenai; 05-16-2012 at 07:17 PM. Reason: Not sure of part number

2. # ADS
    Adsense Circuit advertisement

how many clips did you use for your entire van? can you post a picture of how you threaded one? thanks!