Westfalia.org Community - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Hi from Cold Lake

Default Hi from Cold Lake

Hey everyone, Ive been a westy owner for a couple of years. I had a liking for Vanagons (well Westys) for as long as Ive been a mechanic. I did my automotive apprenticeship in Victoria BC, where westys are plentiful. I came across an offer i couldn't refuse and bought the best vehicle Ive ever owned. I recently moved to Cold Lake, Alberta and had to leave it back in Victoria. Soon ill be going back to pick it up and have a nice journey back to the land of no trees. Im going to miss giving waves to all the westy owners, i really dont think there is even one westy up here. Well thats my little blurb about me.

2. # ADS
    Adsense Circuit advertisement

hi Detrar, i am a new 1984 westy owner in moose jaw, sask. I have always wanted a westy but the prices were high for me. I recently picked up a 1984 fixer upper and going to restore depending on how everything works out. The clutch slave cylinder is the first job i am tackling, darn metal line fitting not coming free from the cylinder, more penetrant to soak it with. Have a great trip back to Victoria to pick up the Westy, visited there quite a few times myself. Nice to see u on the forum.
    cheers, john

Hey John, its good to hear there's at least some westys near by. With your clutch slave issue, i'd recommend getting a real good snap on line wrench or even a flank drive combo wrench and a little heat(be very careful of they flex line, they really dont like heat). Ive been a journeyman auto tech for about 5 years now, and ive found nothing works better than snap on quality. Ive freed up some things that you'd never think it would come apart. Hopefully the line isnt in too bad of shape or you'll need your trusty vise grips. Let me know how it goes

Quote Originally Posted by Detrar View Post
    Hey everyone, Ive been a westy owner for a couple of years. I had a liking for Vanagons (well Westys) for as long as Ive been a mechanic. I did my automotive apprenticeship in Victoria BC, where westys are plentiful. I came across an offer i couldn't refuse and bought the best vehicle Ive ever owned. I recently moved to Cold Lake, Alberta and had to leave it back in Victoria. Soon ill be going back to pick it up and have a nice journey back to the land of no trees. Im going to miss giving waves to all the westy owners, i really dont think there is even one westy up here. Well thats my little blurb about me.
    Hello Detrar! and welcome.

I hope everything will be OK. you have very nice car..

Cheers,
    Bill