Westfalia.org Community - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Inside rear view mirror

Default Inside rear view mirror

I have a 1985 Westy, and the plastic socket on the inside rear view mirror crumbled and the mirror fell off. The extension from the roof is fine, and the ball part is in excellent shape. I can't find a replacemednt for the mirror part itself, however. My local VW dealer says there's not another inside mirror available from VW in the entire U.S. I would appreciate help in finding a replacement inside rear view mirror.

2. # ADS
    Adsense Circuit advertisement

Go over to www.thesamba.com. This web site gets tons of posters. Look under the classified section, you might find one you can use.

Wanderer:

I'll give it a try right away.

xrayeyes

I'd try a junkyard.

Wanderer and Jason:, Tried both, no luck at either. Thanks.
    xrayeyes

Keep at it....the tea leaves indicate one is out there just waiting for you to find it. Part of owning a 27 year old vehicle is tracking down parts for em. Check out the ETKA website, go you your "year" and it will list the various part numbers for just about every little part and piece that makes up the Vanagon. Once you have the part number, enter it into Google search engine and click "enter". See what pops up. Heres another place to check out, its in sunny California. Place is called Interstate Auto Parts.Once ya gots the phone number,call em and ask for Diane, tell her what you need and she will send one of the guys out to the yard and see if they have one...............Good luck and have fun

Wanderer and Jason, Just in case the need arises, I found a replacement mirror at bus-boys.com for US$40.00. It is a bit smaller than the original, but it's the best I could find. Thanks for your help.

xrayeyes1

John

1950 Beetle
    1955 Beetle
    1982 Westy
    1986 Cabriolet