Westfalia.org Community - Powered by vBulletin

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Van-Again

Just wanted to post my 2 cents on VANAGAIN. I came from the west coast to the east cost and subsequently switched from GOWESTY to VANAGAIN. I have been nothing but satisfied in every regard, not only has Ken repsonded to all my purchses quickly and efficiently he also dispensed a vast amount of free technical assistance and practical repair advice at my request. He fully understands the back yard mechancis perspective both economicly and practically and on the sigle occasion I did not get exactly what I though I had ordered he rectified it immedialty. (Even though it turned out it was my fault) I would not hesitate to reccomend him as a either a supplier or a techincal resource.
    Last edited by Capt. Mike; 04-24-2008 at 08:49 AM.

2. # ADS
    Adsense Circuit advertisement

While I have not visited this forum for some long while, and therefore had not noticed the discussions regarding Van-Again, I feel compelled to comment, even at this late date. For several years now, I have ordered parts from Van-Again with only complete satisfaction, both in the quality of the parts and the level of service. In my experience, Ken at Van-Again is among the very best, and certaily a great asset in our efforts to keep the old Westys rolling.
    James

Thumbs up Non VW part

Not long ago I needed to replace the Bosch electric aux. water pump on my wife's MBenz 190D. On internet I found a vendor that offered the original Bosch and an aftermarket brand. I wasn't familiar with the aftermarket brand or that vendor, so I called Ken Willard. He's always givien me honest opinion when he knows about parts sources. He was a big contributor to our "dba" topic. He wasn't familiar with the aftermarket brand, but offered to get me the OEM Bosch for a price competative with the other vendor. When a parts source goes out of their way, they tend to get my business.

Default Van-Again buyers beware ?

I recently purchased an exhaust system for my '82 Westy's 2.0 air cooled engine. I have rebuilt the engine and last weekend while fitting the new exhaust system I ran into a problem. The new muffler would not attach to the new exhaust header. Last weekend I sent Ken an e-mail with pic's asking for help obtaining the correct parts. I have not heard for Van-again yet, it's been a week so far. I was impressed with Van-Again and Ken's quick response to my questions, so this situation seems a little odd. I was able to jury rig this system to make it work ( against my better judgment ) but I need to continue. I hope all is well with Van-again in these tough economic times. I would recommend checking things out before placing on line orders.

I've come to find that Van-Again is doing fine ( extremely busy ) I have future orders to place and have full confidence in Van-Again.
    Last edited by Capt. Mike; 08-09-2009 at 11:54 AM. Reason: Remove redundant quote.

Here it is, 2018, and Van-Again has just updated their website. It's been a while (10 years) since I spent three days camped at Ken's while he made my old vanagon road ready. He is very generous with his knowledge and time. Since then I have purchased some minor parts and have tapped him for much info, always a pleasure. Ken and Andy Flint ( another middle of nowhere Vanagon mechanic, Hoags Corners, NY) are my heroes.
    James Conlin 87

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12