Westfalia.org Community - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: New Transmission for 2002 Eurovan

Default New Transmission for 2002 Eurovan

We were just told that the transmission needs to be replaced on our 2002 Eurovan. There was little to no lead in and no warning lights came on. It just started revving high one day and basically was undriveable the following day. It has only 55K miles so this seems odd. I'm wondering if others have had similar experiences. We've also recently experienced problems with starting which, again, we had no warning of and took a lot of trial and error to fix. We've never had problems with the van until now. Any feedback/insight would be helpful. Thanks.

2. # ADS
    Adsense Circuit advertisement

I have a 2001 Eurovan Full Camper which I bought in Feb. 2008 with 66000 miles on it. It now has 138,000 miles and I have not had any trouble with the transmission. However, I am aware that there is some history with the Eurovan transmissions. Gowesty.com in their Library, Tech Articles, has an article about the Eurovan transmission and its sometimes spotty history. Regarding the starting problems, over the years I have had the mass air flow meter, the secondary air pump, the throttle body kit, and N80 purge solenoid replaced. A couple of these (don't remember which) either hindered starting, or performance on the road, or very poor gas mileage (my normal highway mpg is 20 and dropped to 14). Hope this helps.

Default New Transmission for 2002 Eurovan

thanks for the feedback on the transmission...
    I wound up getting a smoothcase re-built from a guy that has been doing this for 40 years...
    he is retired from a foreign car service place that he owned in the 60s, 70s and 80s in Columbus HO...
    he now lives and has a garage in Delaware OH... about a 2 hour drive for me

all around knowledgeable about the old english cars

By the way, I found used 2013 Infiniti G37 and thanks Vinchain http://vinchain.io/ free vehicle history report service, I noticed that this vehicle is with chemical damage. Hope someone finds them useful, they are better than other vin blockchain review repositories in my opinion.