Westfalia.org Community - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: removing swivel driver seat from 1987 Westfalia

Default removing swivel driver seat from 1987 Westfalia

I have tried to remove my driver swivel seat from my 87 Westfalia, but I have only been able to remove the 4 bold, and still figuring out how to remove the metal stick that activate the swivel function.

Any idea ?

2. # ADS
    Adsense Circuit advertisement

There is a small lock on the slide. First slide seat all the way forward, look at what makes it stop, it will rotate up, then seat slides all the way off. Then the plate (with the bolts off will lift forward and the lever slides up and out.

Thank you.
    I need to try again then, as I have not been able to completely pull the seat out of the rail. I do not have enough space with the wheel.

Tried to reply yesterday. Two things, first, recline the seatback, ought to giv you enough room. If still not enough room, remove steering wheel.

Will try this week-end after the van comes back from Body and paint job.
    Thanks to all of you for the answers.

I have been able to remove the driver seat and make my swivel seat work much better.
    It looks like we need to remove the glove box to be able to extract the passenger seat.
    Does anyone can confirm my assumption ?

i just changed seats. i was able to get the seat out.it was tight at the end but it came out.going in was easy.are you lifting the little slide stop on the left side of the seat?to get the drivers seat out i had to turn the seat to get it out because of steering wheel,but didn't remove anything on the passenger seat.
    85 westy auto with tiico conversion

The drivers seat on my 86 Westy is badly worn and not comfortable. Until I can find a replacement, I want to switch the driver and passenger seats. I was able to remove both seats with not difficulty by simply releasing the little toggle on the side of the slide and moving them off the rails. I have successfully reinstalled the passenger seat onto the rails on the driver's side, but when trying to install the driver seat on the passenger side, I seem to run into some type of blockage at the entry of the left rail. Does anyone know the cause for this?