Westfalia.org Community - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Gas Stove Problems

Default Gas Stove Problems

Hello!

I'm new to the site, and this is my first post. I've had a look through the forums but don't think this issue has been addressed before ...

I have a a 2001 VW T4 Westfalia California - I'm based in Europe. It came with a two-burner gas stove, which takes CampingGaz (a French gas bottle company). The stove is made by Cramer.

Sadly, it's now leaking gas! We've worked out that the leak is not in the supply lines, but in the underside of the stove itself - it only leaks when the stove is on, filling the cabinet below with gas which you then smell when you open the door ... obviously, this is something we need to fix.

SO we've googled Cramer - and it's now been taken over by Dometic. Dometic no longer make a stove of the same, oval / round cornered shape (roughly 450mm by 250mm), and only a square stove that is 70mm wider. The larger one might fit, but we've have to chop up the cabinet top etc.

No one we have found so far can fix the gas stove ... but we have been in touch with a standard gas plumber who hopefully can help.

But the question remains - if the stove cannot be fixed, is anyone aware of any old Cramer stoves in the marketplace? We'd love to be able to replace the stove top with a new one of the same shape.

Thanks in advance,

-jen

2. # ADS
    Adsense Circuit advertisement

i don't think this will help,but worth reading anyway. http://www.westfalia.org/community/a...php?t-531.html
    85 westy auto with tiico conversion