Westfalia.org Community - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Westfalia Parked for 13 years. What to do first?

Default Westfalia Parked for 13 years. What to do first?

Hi there, I just got a 1977 Campmobile, it's an automatic and in pretty decent shape. It's been parked for 13 years and was apparently running, but burning oil before it was parked.

I am planning to spend a lot of time and work into the engine. I would like to take everything apart and fix or replace whatever needs to be done.

I am just wondering if anyone has any suggestions for FIRST steps to take before pulling it apart and what order I should do them in?

Thanks so much!

2. # ADS
    Adsense Circuit advertisement

pressure wash everything exterior and engine compartment.it's always just alittle easier to work on when things are clean.

I would suggest purchasing one of my favorite books its title is :how to keep your volkswagen alive you can find it at amazon ,com it has awealth of info and the author takes you step by step through all the procedures although it barely skims through the 2000 cc engine that your campmobile might have it will take you through engine disassembley and assembley I hope this helps and send me a picture of your campmobile when it done