Westfalia.org Community - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Fridge/charging question

Default Fridge/charging question

I am the new owner of a 1994 Eurovan Westfalia (short wheelbase). Just installed a fresh Optima deep cycle auxiliary battery. Sink pump and interior lights work fine, but I can't seem to be able to turn on the fridge with any reliability. When I press the power and fridge buttons simultaneously often what happens is the display shows "-- C" and the fridge won't turn on. Occasionally after some driving (say, 30 mins) I'll repeat the same sequence and there will be a number (ie. temperature) displayed (eg. "8 C") and the fridge will turn on and work fine for the rest of the drive. Any suggestions/advice would be appreciated trouble-shooting.

2. # ADS
    Adsense Circuit advertisement

I know this is an old post and nobody was able to answer you.
    The fact is I have a similar problem and wander if you had been able to fix your fridge.
    I suspect the microswitch setting on the back of the control panel above the miror but nobody seem to know how it work.
    Cheer

Hi there. I have managed to get the fridge working somewhat reliably. I pulled the rear seat and removed the panel beneath the fridge thinking the compressor was shot or there would be some obvious sign of dysfunction. Could see anything so focused on the unit itself. I unscrewed a hold down clip on a small diameter white tube in the back right corner inside the fridge (I think this must be a thermostat/temp sending unit). After wiggling this gently a few times I hit the buttons on the console and the fridge turned on. Have been doing this now for 6 months and can more often than not get the unit to work. Obviously a short of some kind.