Westfalia.org Community - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: heading to the arctic circle

Default heading to the arctic circle

Ok Iam off in my old 71 vw westy for some Alaska fun It has been cold and the rain won't stop another standard Alaska summer soon to be 6 months of winter. it has been snowing in the mountains already and getting dark so my mom and I are doing a 10 day run up to fairbanks to Chena Hot springs then up the haul road to the arctic circle and maybe a bit further then to Manley hot springs over to Tok over to Dawson city maybe up the Dempster hwy to the arctic circle again down to Whitehorse and maybe to Skagway and run the White-pass railroad that would be cool. All in all about 2500 miles I hope the old vw is up for it.

2. # ADS
    Adsense Circuit advertisement

Keep an eye open for a brown 83 Westy if you are on the Road to Prudhoe next week. I will be picking up a friend who biked there from Florida. I've done the Dempster and love that drive. We will be heading from Seward to Prudhoe on Friday morn. Should be north of Fairbanks this weekend. - Good luck!

Wish you had called me! when I was running around Ak. 25 years ago the road to Prudhoe was closed to the likes of me. Bring xtra tires as the Captain would advise. Send pictures.
    James Conlin 87

what a small world i was there too.. 25 years ago such a long time

mercedes-benz servicing

[QUOTE=djoe25;21705]what a small world i was there too.. 25 years ago such a long time

Man a blast from the past. this thread has been brought back from the dead.