Westfalia.org Community - Powered by vBulletin

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Aftermarket (only) Roof Racks

Default Westy Roof Brackets?

Hello All

I hope to be purchasing a T25 / T3 Westy campervan next week that has some roof brackets that are unfamiliar to me. Can anyone help me identify what sort of roof rack I can fit to them:

I hope to fit a basket-type roof rack to the brackets if I can find one that will fit.

I have been informed that these are genuine westfalia roof brackets, but I cannot find any information on the internet telling me what sort of roof racks will fit to them. I can't even find any pictures of any campers with these roof brackets.

Can someone post me some pics of these brackets in use and some web links of where to purchase the racks to go with them.

Thanks

Llama

2. # ADS
    Adsense Circuit advertisement

What year; what model? Guideline #3! I can find NO factory roof rack brackets like those in any of the VW parts fiches I have access to, though without year, I could only guess. From the hardware, it appears aftermarket. From the photo, they appear to be pop-rivets or threaded inserts. VW didn't use that style hardware for any roof hardware. I presume there is a set on both sides; if not, it may be a bracket for an awning.

Even if made by Westfalia does NOT mean they are official VW accessories; Westfalia makes stuff for many markets.
    Last edited by Capt. Mike; 12-09-2008 at 02:29 PM.

For what it's worth I too pondered the idea of bolting a roof rack to my pop top, by like most here I listened to those (Mike) who knew better. A few years back I re-painted my top (white) with an two part aliphatic urathane and since I have strapped my kayak on top with no scratches, discoloration, or problems... Just my 2 cents!

Corey

82 Diesel Westy

Default Sideracks - New Query.

Chaps,

New to the forum, so sorry if this is not the way to do things.
    Nor am I sure if this is the right place for this thread, but since it exists I don't want to create a new one. (Bit frit of being keel hauled by Capt. Mike)
    After many happy years with bay window vans I now have a long wheel base '93 Eurovan (T4) high top california club. (Super van with loads of space for the kids)
    Q - I would like to fit side racks onto the high top for surf boards etc.... but am getting nowhere fast. Any suggestions would be very welcome.
    Many Thanks.

Default Aftermarket only Roof Racks

I want to put some roof racks on my CX-9 and I saw that the factory racks are made to hold only 100 lbs. Is there an aftermarket option that wouldnt cost too much more that would hold more weight?

ddemetra.

You can buy replacement roof rails from Honda for an EX-L. Is there a reason why the replacement parts would not fit the EX? I cant believe the roofs and anchor points would be different between these two. The replacement parts from Honda are around 1500. This is the price for rails only, no crossbars.

My two kayaks weigh around 140 lbs. How much does your ski box weigh? Why are you paranoid about a canoe?

Has anyone else hauled canoes or kayaks or anything close to 140 lbs. on aftermarket rails?

By the way, I wanted to buy used 2000 Chrysler Neon and i'm pleased that I ran vin number check before buying. I used Vinchain https://vinchain.io/blog car history check free service and with their help I learned that vehicle mentioned earlier is with incomplete repair damage. Hope you'll find my advice helpful and it can save you from buying junk and in my opinion they are better than other free vin history report providers

Hi forester nerds emoji851
    I'm looking for some roof racks for my 08 SG9.
    Could maybe even get away with just the mounting feet cause I have a basket thingie.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234