Westfalia.org Community - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Yukon

Transferred: Shona Member posted July 14, 2002 10:41 PM

Yukon Place to go

In Whitehorse, you definitely want to go to Randy at Metro Chrysler (sounds like a weird combination, I know). Randy is a trained VW mechanic and he does repairs for many of the locals up here on their Westys. He knows his stuff.
    Last edited by Capt. Mike; 10-14-2008 at 12:00 PM.

2. # ADS
    Adsense Circuit advertisement

Update: Randy is now at the Toyota dealership last I heard. Also, Mario Ferland knows his stuff too..

John's Auto Repair on Carcross Road, Whitehorse Yukon Canada. He drives a Westy and know what he is doing. He diagnosed our problematic oil leak but couldn't schedule us in. Sold us the $4 gasket and sure enough, we needed it a few days down the road..............in Tok, Alaska where we found another sharp mechanic who had us up and running in less than three hours.

Sounds like the Alcan of old, I haven't been on it in 30 years but that 4 dollar gasket would have fetched much more than that back then.
    Quote Originally Posted by babe1002 View Post
    John's Auto Repair on Carcross Road, Whitehorse Yukon Canada. He drives a Westy and know what he is doing. He diagnosed our problematic oil leak but couldn't schedule us in. Sold us the $4 gasket and sure enough, we needed it a few days down the road..............in Tok, Alaska where we found another sharp mechanic who had us up and running in less than three hours.
    James Conlin 87