Westfalia.org Community - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: What questions should I ask the seller when buying a Westy?

Default What questions should I ask the seller when buying a Westy?

Hi all -

I'm looking at the 83-89 range, I want AC and the full kitchen. When I'm talking to the seller what kind of questions should I be asking? Are there particular issues with Westy's this age I should know about?

Thanks for your help!

Kristy

2. # ADS
    Adsense Circuit advertisement

Prior to jumping in and signing on the dotted line, I would have a Vanagon savvy mechanic do a complete inspection ( a SAVVY Vanagon mechanic and a COMPLETE head to toe inspection ) Buying anything that is old can be a crap shoot. Research is your best friend, don't let your emotions get in the way. Many many current Westy owners will say that " a Westy will find you, you wont find the Westy " Go over to the GoWesty website and read through their Library or venture on over to The Samba and READ and READ and when your done reading READ some more.Anything that's 30+ years old can be a bottomless money pit or a dusty dirty diamond.

I'm certainly not trying to talk you out of the wonderful world of Westy's, Ive owned my 1982 Air Cooled Westy for over 15 years. Im encouraging you to do your homework so you know what you are in store for.. Id like you to experience smooth sailing as opposed to rough seas.