Westfalia.org Community - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: About to buy a California, from 1992 - q: stove and fridge

Default About to buy a California, from 1992 - q: stove and fridge

Hi

I am about to buy this California from 1992:
    http://www.auto24.ee/kasutatud/auto.php?id=2225497

Questions:

The stove is not work on gas, but on alcohol/ethanol (not sure what it is in English). I can take the "stove" out, fill it and the put it back and use it.
    Is that normal? Shouldnt it work on gas?

The fridge is working on electric power, but does it also work on gas?

The table is missing, but I am a woodworker, so that can be fixes, but I need the 2 parts to mount it - the rail and leg. Where can I get those?
    Some wood problems, the rubber lists on some doors have moved, but if needed I can make new doors, especially the door on counter, the door that falls down on the counter.
    At some point I might make a new kitchen, I have done that before for caravans.

There is not much rust on it, and according to the technical check guy, it will last if oiled, Not rust problem stopping the license.
    The water is running.

The tent on top has a few smaller holes, but nothing that I can fix. I understand that the current owner took it down and had it repaired at a tailor.

Is there anything else I should know before I buy?

2. # ADS
    Adsense Circuit advertisement

No answers at all?????

Quote Originally Posted by sonnich View Post
    Hi

I am about to buy this California from 1992:
    http://www.auto24.ee/kasutatud/auto.php?id=2225497

Questions:

The stove is not work on gas, but on alcohol/ethanol (not sure what it is in English). I can take the "stove" out, fill it and the put it back and use it.
    Is that normal? Shouldnt it work on gas?

The fridge is working on electric power, but does it also work on gas?

The table is missing, but I am a woodworker, so that can be fixes, but I need the 2 parts to mount it - the rail and leg. Where can I get those?
    Some wood problems, the rubber lists on some doors have moved, but if needed I can make new doors, especially the door on counter, the door that falls down on the counter.
    At some point I might make a new kitchen, I have done that before for caravans.

There is not much rust on it, and according to the technical check guy, it will last if oiled, Not rust problem stopping the license.
    The water is running.

The tent on top has a few smaller holes, but nothing that I can fix. I understand that the current owner took it down and had it repaired at a tailor.

Is there anything else I should know before I buy?

Is that van in Estonia?

Similar 1992/1993 Eurovans in North America have propane gas tanks mounted under the stove on the drivers side. They are accessible from the outside. Propane is a hotter gas than natural gas.

To my knowledge the Electrolux fridges don't operate on gas but electricity only.

Hi

It is in Estonia and it is mine now.

Here are some pictures of the stove:
    DSC_0690.jpg DSC_0691 (2).jpg DSC_0692.jpg
    I havent tried it yet

I took a brief look on the net, I need some new rims for the doors, especially the one next to the kitchen (to the big storage room). Any syggestions?

As for the table, I have looked - and found that there are multiple ways to mount tables, can anyone point me to what details I need?
    I am a woodworker, so I will make the table myself. But I need some details and maybe some measurements.
    I see that there is a holder on the right of the kitchen. It that for the table?

WBR
    Sonnich