Westfalia.org Community - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Hello from Phoenix AZ, New to owner of 1982 Westy

Default Hello from Phoenix AZ, New to owner of 1982 Westy

Happy to be the new owner of 1982 Westy, always wanted to be a VW owner hard to figure out why I waited so long. Jim

2. # ADS
    Adsense Circuit advertisement

Hi Jim Clark, I'm also an owner of an 82 Westy. Going on 10 years of ownership now. Have you gone through it and upgraded some of the sore spots. I know its tempting to venture out on your first camping trip but do yourself and your family a favor and give it a good going over prior to a trip.
    Proper oil and filter is very important. Make damn sure your engine to body seal is 100% intact and that all the engine tin is present and accounted for.

Remember....your traveling in a 30+ year old vehicle so leave your lead foot at home. Welcome aboard and travel safe.

Thanks for the advice, I have done some work on the the Westy, Replaced canvas, shampooed everything, replaced all the lights, replaced all the water lines, new seal on top, changed the oil, previous owner did a pedicure ( new tires ), has the Jetta motor conversion, so she is in the loving hands of a very qualified mechanic to check out all the mechanical, I will go through the frig, and all the wiring when I get her back since the second battery wiring is kinda funky, so as soon as the tech manual gets here I will go through it thoroughly.
    Looking forward to some beautiful AZ starry nights for my first adventures, and of course look forward to hearing tails of the road from this site as well as advice from all who have been down the road before me.
    Jim