Westfalia.org Community - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Help. Imported 87 Westy from Europe to US. Need advice converting 220V to 110V

Question Help. Imported 87 Westy from Europe to US. Need advice converting 220V to 110V

I've just imported my 87 Westy high top from France back to Vermont and need to figure out how to convert to be able to use 110V here in North America. The original Fridge is still working but runs on 220, the inverter to charge the battery is 220 to 12V. I'd rather not swap them out so wondering about putting a 110V to 220V transformer in before plugging into the van. ANY thoughts would be appreciated.
    Thanks,
    Tim

2. # ADS
    Adsense Circuit advertisement

Did you ever solve this problem?
    I have the same. Any advice?

thanks, Doug

hi doug,

did you ever hear anything back or figure it out. looking at bringing one from europe as well.

Default import vw

Quote Originally Posted by vtwolf View Post
    I've just imported my 87 Westy high top from France back to Vermont and need to figure out how to convert to be able to use 110V here in North America. The original Fridge is still working but runs on 220, the inverter to charge the battery is 220 to 12V. I'd rather not swap them out so wondering about putting a 110V to 220V transformer in before plugging into the van. ANY thoughts would be appreciated.
    Thanks,
    Tim
    Sorry got no help.

There is a 1991 Eurovan currently up for sale on Samba that says it's 110v. It was obviously just imported. You might ask what they did.

Let me know
    Thanks,

Doug