Westfalia.org Community - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Replacing AC high pressure hose

Default Replacing AC high pressure hose

My High pressure hose is shot. PO tried a clamp repair, which is never a good idea on a high pressure hose. I managed to locate a replacement hose. Does anyone have suggestions on installation that doesnt involve removing the closets, etc?

Thanks

2. # ADS
    Adsense Circuit advertisement

Is this the hose from the compressor to the condenser or the condenser to the receiver drier? Both are hateful to replace (gotta get it just right to make things fit and the plastic hose hangers are brittle. Breaking any part of one sux. The good news is, with the hose pulled, any major hydraulic hose shop can make up a new one with your fittings, new hose, and new crimps. I just had one made for the compressor / condenser line. But! Make sure the length is right! I just found out my new hose is 6" too long. I'll be able to hide with a 360 turn in the right place, but better to get the length 100% right!

It is the hose from the compressor to condenser. Was hoping there was a way to replace it without taking out the cabinets. I have a good replacement hose so fitment is not an issue.

Nope - none of the interior joinery has to come apart. The hoses (to and from the condenser) hang under the floor pan. Be very, very,very careful with the hose carriers. Break a plastic center stud and it will take the sunshine out of your day. The condenser end is a true dyed-in-the-wool PITA to work with. When you get the hose re-made, be certain the finished length is the same length (if it goes over, you'll have to hide it somewhere - too short? send it back). FWIW, I recommend the Van Cafe o-ring set. If you have a late model compressor (the high and low pressure lines are clamped down, not threaded in) you will also need two o-rings not in the Van Cafe kit. Also, I'd replace the drier/receiver before closing up and putting refrigerant in.