Westfalia.org Community - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Hello from Central Oregon! (and looking for a nice Westy...)

Default Hello from Central Oregon! (and looking for a nice Westy...)

New to the Forum. One previous VW: a 1987 Syncro Vanagon purchased new in California (wish I still had that one!). I am currently looking for a really nice, original, super reliable Westy for road trips with my two young sons. There are a million really cool places to explore in the Pacific North West and a Westy would be perfect!

I would prefer a '90 or '91 Camper or Multivan. I would love to find one nearby, but I can drive or ship it if I have to. Serious buyer with cash in hand. I'm not just using the Forum to find the van, I want to be an active user. Thanks, Jeff

My email is: jrolander@gmail.com
    My cell is: 541=728=4379

2. # ADS
    Adsense Circuit advertisement

Greetings Jeff...aside from checking out the for sale section here, there are other options available. Craigslist...E-Bay...The Samba... GoWesty.
    I second your desire to have still owned the Syncro. Its often said that when in the market for a Vanagon or a Westy; IT finds you.
    Once your "found" Id take it to a Vanagon savvy mechanic for a thorough check.
    Good Luck

Thanks wanderer. It would be nice if it found me, that would save me a lot of time and effort! I will definitely search out a mechanic for an inspection. Anyone know a good Aesthete mechanic in Central Oregon, or even Portland?

Check out www.roadhaus.com . Good site for honest recommendations for Vanagon mechanics. Another site that you may find helpful would be ..the Vanagon rescue squad.