Westfalia.org Community - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: In search of an affordable VW Camper cutie- may wind up being my home & ride!

Question In search of an affordable VW Camper cutie- may wind up being my home & ride!

Hello all! I am new to this forum & am in deep search of a VW Camper. I'm mostly into the older 60's-70's types- the older looking the better! However, any type/years will do as long as it's in my price range & if the motor works great. It can be used also. I'm looking at something that begins around $1,000, but no higher than $5,000. However, I'm not sure where that will get me as IDK much about these kinds of vehicles yet & am still learning about them. Unfortunately, the way my budget is, it may take up to 1-2 years to come up w/ that amount unless a miracle happens, or unless payment arrangements are allowed to be made.

For anyone who has any info or even any deals, plz let me know! Thx in advance!!

~smk82003
    Why is it when we close our eyes, we don't see anything, but when we sleep, we can see everything?! :|

2. # ADS
    Adsense Circuit advertisement

Hey there!

Im fairly new to VW's myself and kinda have the same budget as you. ive been scouring the interwebs for some good sites. one that i found is www.thesamba.com. they seem to have some really good westys for sale. its a site that has westys for sale by the owners not dealers, though there are SOME dealers on there lol. worth a check out.
    the exact part of the site i look at is....

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifie...er=DESC&page=0

I hope this helps some.

~Yosh~

Another site worth investigating is the Itinerant Air-Cooled site:

http://www.itinerant-air-cooled.com/

It's good not only for the occasional ad, but for contacts with people in your area (and most of the good deals in these cars comes from word-of-mouth, not ads).

Good luck, and happy hunting!
    --JLT
    Sacramento, CA USA

Former buses: '61 17-Window "Pink Bus"
    '70 Frankenwestie "Blunder Bus"
    '71 Frankenwestie "Thunder Bus"
    Current bus: '71 Dormobile Westie "George"